C. Dean Alford, P.E.
President and CEO
Mr. Alford is President and Chief Executive Officer of Allied Energy Services and is currently responsible for over $4.3 billion of energy projects across the United States. Mr. Alford is co-chair of the Pine 2 Energy Coalition.
Mr. Alford is known nationally for his entrepreneurship and strategic planning expertise. He has been personally responsible for the formation of six startup companies. In addition, Mr. Alford has published numerous articles and lectures throughout the United States and Canada on the subject of energy policy and utility issues. Prior to joining Allied, Mr. Alford was President and CEO of A&C Enercom, a full service utility consulting firm that employed over 700 people with 31 offices nationwide. He founded A&C Enercom in 1977 and it grew to be one of the most respected utility service companies in the utility industry. Mr. Alford has served as consultant to the U.S. Congressional Office of Technology Assessment on energy policy issues.
Mr. Alford earned his Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from Georgia Tech. Today he serves on several boards at Georgia Tech; Chairman of the Board of Advisors for the College of Engineering, the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Advisory Board, the Executive Advisory Board of the Economic Development Institute, member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees for the Alumni Association, and was awarded the Dean Griffin Award for Community Service in 2001. In l997, Georgia Tech inducted Mr. Alford into the Academy of Distinguished Engineering Alumni. He is a licensed professional engineer and in l989, the Georgia Consulting Engineering Council named him Engineer of the Year in Private Practice.
Mr. Alford is very involved in several educational initiatives. From September 2003 to December 2006, Mr. Alford served as a member of the State Board of Education for the State of Georgia. In 2004 Governor Perdue asked Mr. Alford to Chair the Governor’s Education Finance Task Force. The Task Force has been charged with the task of developing a new funding formula for the K-12 system of Georgia. In January 2007, Governor Sonny Perdue appointed him to the Technical College System of Georgia board of directors and serves as its Chairman. He previously served on the Advisory Board of Georgia Perimeter College’s Rockdale Campus and currently serves on the Board of Trustee for Luther Rice University, the Woodward Academy Upper School Standing Committee. He was also responsible for the partnership between Georgia Tech and The Rockdale County School System in the creation of the Rockdale Math, Science and Technology Magnet School and is a member of their advisory board. In 2005, Mr. Alford was inducted into the National Commission for Cooperative Education Hall of Fame.
Mr. Alford is an alumnus of the Regional Leadership Institute class of 1994.
Mr. Alford is also very involved in community activities.
- Rotary Mr. Alford is a charter member of the Rotary Club of Rockdale County. He is a Paul Harris Fellow, the recipient of the Lee Arendale Award, the Four Avenues of Service Award and was President of the club during the l998-99 term.
- Rotary Miracle League Fund, Inc. Mr. Alford is President of the Rotary
- Miracle League, a separate non-profit organization formed by the Rotary Club of Rockdale County and the Rotary Club of Conyers. The organization raised $1,000,000 to develop a one of a kind baseball complex for children with physical and mental disabilities.
- Miracle League Association, Inc. Mr. Alford is Chairman and one of the founders of the Miracle League Association. The association is responsible for the development of Miracle of Leagues across the country. Today there are over 225 leagues throughout the United States including Puerto Rico and Canada - providing an unique opportunity for children with physical and mental disabilities the opportunity to play “America’s Favorite Past Time” baseball.
- Boy Scouts of America Mr. Alford has served on the Executive Board of the Atlanta Area Council, Chairman of the Yellow River District and a committee member of Troop 354. In l997, he was awarded the Silver Beaver Award, the highest award the Atlanta Area Council gives for distinguished adult service to the Boy Scouts.
- First Baptist Church of Conyers Mr. Alford has served as a Sunday School teacher, chairman of the Personnel Committee and Chairman of the capital campaign.
- Georgia Technology Authority Mr. Alford was sworn in 1999 by Governor Roy Barnes as member of the Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) and served in this capacity until 2003. GTA is responsible for all aspects of technology procurement and policy for State of Georgia.
- Chamber of Commerce Mr. Alford is a Past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Conyers/Rockdale Chamber of Commerce. He also served on the Board of Directors of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce and the Regional Business Coalition of Metropolitan Atlanta.
- Conyers/Rockdale Boys and Girls Club Mr. Alford has served on the Board of Directors since l984 and has twice received the Man/Boy Award for volunteer service.
- Other Boards Mr. Alford has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Georgia Special Olympics, the Atlanta Chapter of the American Lung Association, the Center for the Visually Impaired, the Rockdale Hospital Authority and was Chairman of the United Way Campaign for Rockdale County in l995.
From 1983 until 1993, Mr. Alford was a five-term member of the Georgia House of Representatives. He served as Chairman of the Energy Subcommittee, Chairman of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Oversight committee and was Chairman of the DeKalb and Rockdale County Legislative Delegation.
The City of Conyers presented Mr. Alford the Community Spirit Award in 2001 and 2004. The Conyers-Rockdale Chamber of commerce presented him with the 2001Vision Leadership Award for his leadership and service to his community. The United Way Advisory Board of Rockdale County named Mr. Alford Volunteer of the Year for 2000. In 2002, Mr. Alford was presented the Dr. Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award from Georgia Perimeter College and the Jefferson Award from the American Institute for Public Service for his work in the national expansion of the Miracle League.
Mr. Alford currently serves on several corporate boards of directors that include the United Community Bank Board of Advisors, Southern Retirement Services, and previously served as the Chairman of the Rockdale Hospital and Health Systems, Inc.
Of all his activities and accomplishments, Mr. Alford’s most enjoyable and important role is that of father of his 24 year-old son, Chandler who is a recent graduate of Georgia Tech and a member of the USA Olympic Weightlifting Team; and his 19 year-old daughter, Jacquelyn who is a sophomore at Kennesaw State University.
©2017 Allied Energy Services All Rights Reserved